Markat Version 0.6.0
Markat Version 0.6.0
Markat (old high german for market) is a client for the eBay API and is available for Jolla Sailfish OS. You can browse, search and filter items on the eBay market places as well as retrieve detailed item information. It is currently not possible to place bids on items or to order items directly in Markat. This is planned for future releases. If you want to support Markat’s development use it to find the appropriate item and then open it in your browser and place your bid/order.
Markat is available in the Jolla store on your Sailfish OS Device.
Developed with westphalian stubbornness in Munich.
Markat lets you browse through the eBay market places. You can browse categories, search for keywords and watch item details. The future should bring a complete support of the eBay API/features.
- browse categories
- search via keywords and/or categories
- search for products
- search for media based on ISBN/EAN/UPC
- search in eBay stores
- filter search results
- store searches locally
- current item/search and watched items are shown on cover
- current viewed auction item and result lists are updated automatically
- watch items in Markat
- show popular and most watched items
- eBay Account integration, authentication and MyEbay buying lists
- translated into German, mostly Chinese, minimal French, Italian, Spanish, Czech
Start Markat and you will see the main view page that holds most watched items on eBay, your last visited items and search terms (if you have some) and a general search field. If you have recent searches and visited items you can delete them from the lists by pressing and holding the respective entry.
Use the search field to perform general searches. You can later refine your search results by appying filters to your search. The filter dialog is part of the pull down menu of any item list. If you want browse through categories on eBay use the entry in the main page pull down menu. There you can also find the settings and about pages.
Categories can be searched, too. Every category page features a search field for direct search in this category.
If you are viewing a single item, you can use the pull down menu to open it in the web browser to perform actions like placing a bid. If the item is an auction, Markat updates it’s status (bids, price, high bidder) automatically. The time for this operation changes. If there are only 5 minutes left, Markat updates the item every 3 seconds, otherwise it updates every 30 or 60 seconds.
What information does Markat collect?
In order to get calculated shipping costs, Markat offers the option to send your country and postal/ZIP code to the eBay API. These information is not given to the author of Markat or other third parties (except eBay for performing the request). If you authenticate Markat to use your eBay account, your login data is neither saved by Markat nor Markat has access to it. Instead, eBay generates an authentication token that authenticates Markat against your eBay account. You are free to revoke this authentication token at any time, so that Markat has no access to your account anymore.
What does Markat use your information for?
Markat can use your country and postal/ZIP code information to request calculated prices and shipping costs. If you generate an authentication token to grant Markat access to your eBay account, Markat uses this token only for the authentication against your eBay account and to perform your actions.
Does Markat disclose any information to outside parties?
Markat only uses your data for retreiving the requested information from the eBay API. Markat does not send these data to the author of Markat or other third parties (except eBay). For questions concerning the privacy on the eBay side, you have to contact eBay.
Third party links
Markat is a client for the eBay API. It has no preinstalled third party links other than the own application website links on the About page and on this page. Showing eBay content and/or opening links to eBay sites or links in the article description is in the user’s responsibility. For questions concerning the privacy of eBay you have to contact eBay.
2016-05-03 Version 0.6.0
- New: almost complete rewrite of the API part
- New: store searches, visited items, site metadata and My eBay content in local SQL database
- New: store top level and second level categories in pre installed SQL database
- New: store link on user info page
- New: add link to item in list of last deal ratings
- New: complete user transactions rating history
- New: show energy efficiency class in search results if available
- Improved: search filters moved into attached page
- Improved: gallery behavior like store app
- Improved: clazy optimizations
- Fixed: missing name of stored/recent searches
- Fixed: unreliable storeae of recent and local stored searches
2014-11-12 Version 0.5.2
- Changed: compatibility to SailfishOS Update 9
- Fixed: empty result after changing market place
- Fixed: using back on description webview removed attached page
- Fixed: reload of item description is not working
- Fixed: emtpy results on SailfishOS Update 9
- Fixed: dialog headers on SailfishOS Update 9
- Fixed: opening of product search results fails
- Fixed: opening of recent product searches not working
- Fixed: touch area for user page link on item page is too small
2014-10-13 Version 0.5.1
- New: alternative result list navigation
- Changed: hide pagestack indicator on gallery slide show view
- Changed: better cover layout with small watchlist pictures
- Changed: translation updates
- Fixed: single item page automatic update not working
- Fixed: watched items not shown on cover after start
2014-10-08 Version 0.5.0
- New: authentication support / account integration
- New: synchronize watch list with eBay account
- New: MyEbay buying lists like bids, best offers, purchase history, etc
- New: note management for MyEbay lists
2014-06-05 Version 0.4.0
- NOTE: because of big changes in the data models, recent searches, visited items, stored searches and your watched items had to be reset
- New: complete start page redesign, inspired by Jolla Store client
- New: product search, based on keywords
- New: search media based on ISBN/EAN/UPC
- New: search in eBay stores/show seller’s store items
- New: show popular items per category
- New: show top selling products
- New: show similar items on single item view
- Improved: reworked shop by category, so that it does not add endless pages
- Improved: cover shows more and better information about seraches
- Improved: show the three most recent watched items on the cover
- Improved: landscape view for item pictures gallery
- Improved: last visited items and last searches are moved to the beginning of their lists
- Fixed: removing the last watched items does not clear the list
2014-05-06 Version 0.3.1
- New: contributors page
- New: chinese (China) translation by Finalmix (太空飞瓜)
- Improved: show country flag instead of ISO code in result list
- Fixed: bug in item status update when there was only one item that crashes application
- Fixed: check not only if cache file exists, but also if not empty
2014-04-29 Version 0.3.0
- New: big picture mode for list view
- New: add items to a local list of watched items
- New: show seller profiles
- New: search for completed items
- Improved: recent searches are now stored completely, in the same way as manually stored searches
2014-04-23 Version 0.2.0
- New: update items in search result list (limited to 20 almost ending auctions)
- New: variation/item options handling
- New: show lot size on item page
- New: store searches
- Fixed: smaller inaccuracies
- Fixed: smaller glitches in the UI
- Fixed: clicking on an item gallery image shows the clicked image in the slideshow
2014-04-10 Version 0.1.3
- Improved: app icon, what a few colors can do
- Improved: about page design (very important ;) )
- Improved: layout for item details view
- Improved: show applied aspects/characteristics filters
- Improved: cleaner item list
- Changed: reload item completely after finished auction to get final status
- Fixed: category was not removed from filter after leaving category or search view
- Other: code clean up
2014-04-09 Version 0.1.2
- Fixed: category browsing was not possible, category was not recognized in search
2014-04-09 Version 0.1.1
- Added: show country code in item list when seller ships from foreign country
- Changed: filters are now only saved when filter dialog is accepted
- Changed: cache single item data to reduce API calls and load faster
- Fixed: smaller UI glitches
- Fixed: category filter was not working because of using domain filter too
- Fixed: price filter was not cleared after removing text field content
- Fixed: start time filter was not working
2014-04-07 Version 0.1.0
- Initial version
Markat is based on the following technologies. It is written in Qt/C++, using QML for the user interface.
SQLite is an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine. The code for SQLite is in the public domain and is thus free for use for any purpose, commercial or private. SQLite is currently found in more applications than we can count, including several high-profile projects.
- Markat by Buschtrommel
- All rights reserved by Buschtrommel/Matthias Fehring
- Qt by Qt Project
- Licensed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1 or at own wish under commercial terms.
- Country Flag Icons
- Released by Phoca.cz under public domain.
- Markat translations
- Licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.